Law Labels

Law labels for bedding, furniture and toys

If you are selling a stuffed or filled product in the United States, it needs a law label. Global Registration Services helps our clients navigate the complex world of state laws, so you can stay compliant and avoid fines and violations.

Why Partner with GRS?

Thanks to GRS’ partnership with our sister company, American Law Label, we print and deliver IABFLO-complaint law labels with industry-leading turnaround times.

Design & Printing | IABFLO Compliant | Fast Shipping

Law label design

Global Registration Services can design an IABFLO compliant law label for your stuffed article of bedding, furniture and toys.
Design my law label

Law label printing

Already have law label artwork? Print through our sister company American Law Label and get 72-hour shipping.
Print my existing label

Law label auditing

Tagging laws change frequently. An audit will make sure your label stays current to avoid costly fines.
Audit my existing label

What is a law label?
“Do Not Remove Under Penalty of Law”

Law labels inform the consumer about hidden contents, or “filling materials,” inside bedding and furniture products. They describe the filling material as a percentage by weight. For example, 80% Polyurethane Foam, 20% Polyester Fibers.

Currently 31 states require law labels. They are governed on a state-by-state basis, and the requirements depend on the state and type of product. Global Registration Services produces uniform law labels to satisfy the different requirements of each state.

Law Label Quick Facts
  • Required in 31 U.S. states
  • Display the manufacturer’s URN
  • Strict formatting requirements

Does my product require a law label?

If your stuffed article of bedding or furniture is going to be sold in the United States, it needs a law label. The registration process depends on the answers to the following questions.

  • What kind of product is it?
  • What material is the product filled with?
  • In which states will the product be sold?
  • Is the product new or secondhand?

Products and filling materials

From mattresses and comforters to bike seats and upholstered chairs, all varieties of stuffed bedding and furniture products require a law label.

The contents of a law label depend on the type of material your product is filled with, like cotton, wool, feathers, or foam. Consult our database to see if your product is on the list.

Products Requiring Law Labels

U.S. states and law label requirements

Thirty-one U.S. states require that stuffed articles carry law labels. Those requirements differ depending on the state, the type of product you are selling, and whether the product is new or secondhand.

Global Registration Services produces uniform law labels, so a single label satisfies the different requirements of each state.

Click a state to learn more

Your Text Content Here.
Requires law labels for new products
Requires law labels for secondhand products
Some states also require manufacturers and/or importers to register in order to be compliant. Global Registration Services can help your company apply for registration, stay informed about changing state laws, and renew your licenses before they expire.
Learn about registration

Canadian law label requirements

Selling stuffed articles in Canada? We can help ensure your law label adheres to Canadian federal regulations.
Canada law labels

Other product labeling needs

Global Registration Services and our sister companies offer comprehensive labeling services across several product categories, from stuffed articles to pet food. Whether you need a California Prop 65 label, care label, or more, we can assist you.
More label services

Stay in Touch

Sign up for Updates

Copyright © 2024 Global Registration Services, Inc. | All Rights Reserved | Web Design by Kicks Digital Marketing